Sunday, April 10, 2011

Scripture Sunday: Revelations 3:15

Every Sunday on this site I will take some time to look at a passage from the Bible that I like and think is great... though they could obviously be presented by themselves without further mention, I will throw my two cents in on what the verse(s) mean to me.

Today we look at a passage from one of the most debated books of the Bible - Revelations.

"I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either cold or hot." (Revelations 3:15)

I think it is easy for us to fall in a rut, or to simply become complacent in our spiritual life and in our daily life. When we get comfortable, the tendency (for me, at least) is to coast through things figuring that they will stay the same.

However, God does not want us to get complacent in our life. We must remain hot, or on fire in our daily tasks and activities. If things are going well for you, it is not a time to slack, it is a time to grow in faith and love, and to constantly work on your love of others. In fact, it is the best time, because you will be able to focus more energy on it.

This passage seems to say that if you are not passionate in your pursuit of Christ, you may as well not know Him at all. If you are too secure in time of time of comfort, you will not be prepared for when things might not be going so well.

If you find yourself secure, then stay firm, now is the time to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment