Monday, April 18, 2011

What Keeps You Awake At Night?


Sometime last week I had some type of great idea or something that excited me a little bit before I went to bed, and it got me so excited I had trouble sleeping for a bit. Isn't a great feeling?

So it got me thinking... we need to spend more time thinking about the things that keep us awake at night (in a good way!). Those things that excite us with their potential, these are the things that we need to focus our mind on as much as we can, because those are the things that lead us to happiness and fulfillment.

I once read that those deepest desires that we have, the things we barely even dare to dream, those are the things that God wishes for us, and the things that He wants us to aspire to and achieve. I like to think that these are the same things that get us excited when we think of them. The things that instantly wake us up and cause us to smile at the mere thought of them.

Too many times we find ourselves focusing on the opposite things... things that bring our mind down, things that exhaust us, things that we dread... and as a consequence, we forget how to dream and how to have goals.

So, what keeps you awake at night?

1 comment:

  1. What if what keeps you awake at night is something you are thinking about that you fail at or something you regret or wish you could go back and change and you want to stop thinking about it but its just there??

    ReplyDelete