Friday, April 22, 2011

"You Were On The Cross"

On this Good Friday, I thought this song by Matt Maher would be appropriate to post...



The description of the song via his website:

"In the Laments of Job, you get this sense of, "everything is lost, everything is gone, everything that I have worked so hard for, everything that I had been blessed with and I have sores all over me" - I think most people don't really stop to imagine what that must have been like for Job. I got to thinking 'God where were you when this happened? He was on the cross.

I realized that not only is the cross in and of itself the atonement for all sin, but the way in which it happened is now a means by which all human suffering becomes a transformational moment. It does not matter how dark your situation is - God himself has been there and as you grieve it and morn it you can find consolation in him because he was there."

No comments:

Post a Comment