Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How can I change the world?

It is very easy for me to get caught up in everyday life and the busyness of it. It can seem like there is never enough time for things like writing and reading. It is often during these times that I might wonder if anything I am doing is actually helping to make those around me better people, or if I am doing anything to help the world.

It is daunting, on the surface. The world is a big place, and it's easy to think that there is no way we can affect 6 billion people, and therefore we cannot change the world. Fortunately, in practice, things are not as hard as we make them seem.

You need to look at where your talents are, where your passions are, and this is how you can affect the world. There are countless other people with the same skills that I have, and personality traits that I have... but likely there are some ways that I can affect people, or at least the people that I know, in a way that nobody else can. This is how I can change the world.

You don't need to come up with a great invention, or become a political leader in order to change the world. You simply have to love other people, and try to make their lives better. You have some unique talent or skill that will allow you to do this, you just have to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment