Sunday, July 10, 2011

Scripture Sunday: Psalm 145: 1-3

Every Sunday on this site I will take some time to look at a passage from the Bible that I like and think is great... though they could obviously be presented by themselves without further mention, I will throw my two cents in on what the verse(s) mean to me.

Today we look at one of the Psalms dedicated to the greatness of God, and glorifying Him in our lives.

"I will extol you, my God and king; I will bless your name forever. Every day I will bless you; I will praise your name forever. Great is the Lord and worthy of high praise; God's grandeur is beyond understanding." (Psalm 145: 1-3)

A priest in a homily regarding this Psalm said that these were the thoughts of a person who is "child-like" (as opposed to childish)... someone that gives praise to God and glorifies Him.

If we live our lives with this attitude, it will make us more joyful people. If only we could fully trust in the goodness of the Lord, how many worries would simply melt away? Let us not always try to understand everything in the world, but rather enjoy the beauty and grandeur of it. Let yourself be swept away in its greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment