Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Be The One

In one of her many letters and meditations included in the book "Come Be My Light," Mother Teresa writes:

"Tell Jesus, 'I will be the one.' I will comfort, encourage, and love Him… Be with Jesus. He prayed and prayed and prayed, and then He went to look for consolation, and there was none. .. I always write that sentence, 'I looked for one to comfort Me, but I found no one.' Then I write, 'Be the one.' So now you be that one. Try to be the one to share with Him, to comfort Him, to console Him. So let us ask Our Lady to help us understand." (Come Be My Light, pg. 260)

How different would our attitude and our life be if we constantly made the effort to "Be The One" to help others, to love others, to console others, to pray for others, to show God and His majesty to others? I imagine we would barely be able to recognize ourselves if we were able to do that, and that would be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment