Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Quotes on Adventure

In my mind, the word adventure is very subjective... anything can be made into an adventure if only we allow it to be.

I think life is all about having such adventures, it makes us feel more fully alive. It gives us a sense of excitement, and the feeling like we are accomplishing and living life to the fullest.

Here are a couple of quotes on adventure:

"Life is not a problem to be solved, it is an adventure to be lived." (John Eldredge - Wild at Heart)

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered." - GK Chesterton

I especially like the quote by Chesterton... how different life would be if we saw all of our inconveniences as merely adventures, or if we saw all of the burdens in life as challenges to be overcome. It would turn sorrows and hardships into something better, and give us a mindset that would allow us to conquer them and learn from them.

1 comment:

  1. So, about my post from earlier in which I referenced "Wild at Heart". I suppose you know which quote I'm talking about and therefore can verify my paraphrasing was accurate or not. Anyways, keep up the posts. Love ya, buddy.

    ReplyDelete