Sunday, December 12, 2010

Scripture Sunday: Psalm 118:22

Every Sunday on this site I will take some time to look at a passage from the Bible that I like and think is great... though they could obviously be presented by themselves without further mention, I will throw my two cents in on what the verse(s) mean to me.

Psalm 118 is my all-time favorite Psalm, A Hymn of Thanksgiving. It also contains a verse that we see repeated many times in the New Testament, and that is what I want to talk about today.

(22) The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.

If we are living out our lives according to God's will, or trying to closely follow His teachings, chances are we will go against the grains of society at some point.

I have found that the moral compass of society is completely out of whack. Generally, people assume if you are dating someone you will live together and have sex before marriage, they assume that you like to and do go out and drink in excess... these things have no longer become questions, they are simply assumed. If you do not do these things, you are in the minority of society. And not only the minority, but a small minority.

Though I personally can say that I really have been blessed not to experience this, if you practice sound Christian values, you could be rejected by others or seen at the outcast. But do not get discouraged or discontended, because God sees what you are doing and I imagine He is quite happy about it.

My Bible gives me this meaning for the verse - "What is insignificant to human beings has become great through divine election." Take heart! If you are following the will of God, your reward will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment