Friday, December 3, 2010

Lessons From Mere Christianity Series

One of the most influential books of my lifetime was "Mere Christianity" by CS Lewis. I read it at a time when I was just turning my life around to walk with Jesus, and it was very powerful for me.

For the most part, it is a pretty simple book and written for someone who is really beginning their walk. For many people, that is perfect, as it puts things in easy to understand examples and explanations, and challenges them to live a better life, and to realize that they are made for more than the doldrums that most of us face on a daily basis.

Personally, I learn very well by analogies, and so that is a reason I love Mere Christianity... as I said, it makes things easy to understand, and if you are new to the faith or just learning in depth for the first time, you could have several a-ha moments.

Anyway, I decided that there are a lot of quotes and points that he makes that would make great posts, or learning tools. So, I read the book, and broke down a lot of my favorite quotes and put them into different topics. Anyway, the moral of all of this is that I will intermittently (I just wanted to say the word intermittently) be posting this as a "Lessons From Mere Christianity," so look for it coming to a theater near you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment