Thursday, February 24, 2011

Garden of the Gods

I got a quick chance to drive through Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs last fall, and it is amazing!

While we didn't do much in the park itself while we were there (due to time constraints), there are ample opportunities for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. I hope to get back there someday and do some of that, because there are some amazing things to see.

The rock formations are beautiful. It is a reddish color that can be seen from all around the area, and there is a good variety of rocks in the park. From the famous Kissing Camels to Balanced Rock, there is plenty to be awestruck by.

Whenever I see stuff like this (or Mt. Cutler, which we hiked the same day), or any type of natural beauty like this, I wonder how there is crime and bad things in the world. This is the idealist in me, but who can see such natural beauty and then think about ever committing a crime, or being anything less than the best they can be?

I know this probably isn't a realistic thought pattern, but it seems like nature and its beauty should be all the crime deterrent we would ever need. If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment