Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dependence on God

I once heard a story by Fr. Tom Richter talking about our dependence on God, even if we don't always realize how much we depend on Him.

The story is about a little boy who we will call Johnny (because it just seems like the best little kid name!)... He tells it a lot better than I will type it, I am sure, but the gist of it will come through!

----------

Johnny was at recess with a couple of friends. He seemed very tired and worried, and his friends asked him, "Johnny, you look like you are exhausted and not having any fun? What is the problem?"

And Johnny says, "Well, I haven't been sleeping very well."

So, they ask him why he's not sleeping well, and he says, "I have been up all night trying to figure out how I am going to pay the mortgage, how I am going to feed all of the kids, what kind of job I am going to get. Don't you guys worry about that stuff?"

The friends tell him, "No Johnny, our daddy takes care of all of those things. Your daddy takes care of all of those things too, you don't have to worry about all of that."

----------

The moral of the story is, of course, that if we think that we are any less dependent on God than Johnny is dependent on his father for things like putting food on the table and paying the mortgage, then we have completely deluded ourselves.

Jesus, I Trust In You!

No comments:

Post a Comment