Sunday, February 13, 2011

Scripture Sunday: Matthew 11:28

Every Sunday on this site I will take some time to look at a passage from the Bible that I like and think is great... though they could obviously be presented by themselves without further mention, I will throw my two cents in on what the verse(s) mean to me.

This week we look at a verse that should be a comfort to all of us when we are overwhelmed, stressed out, worried, or frustrated. It comes from the 11th chapter of Matthew.

"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest."

I read that and see God as the great comforter in our lives, the friend who will always be there to listen to us when we are in need, or who will always comfort us when we need it.

There might be times in our lives where it seems like the whole word is against us, and we simply cannot get a break. It will be very difficult to find peace and comfort in these times, but Jesus reminds us that we simply need to go to Him, and He will give us rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment